Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Sleepless Night

For the last week, I've been waking up in panic over invitations. Now, I realize that it isn't rational and even though my rational part is saying, "Things are fine. They're good. They'll be okay. Everything that can be done right now is. Now go to sleep. That's the top of your to do list right now." I can't.

Or I'll dream that X,X, and X major things didn't get done and two months disappeared on me in a flash and no one else seems to think it's a big deal. I'll be freaking out because we forgot to send invitations or something that really is important - not just 'we don't have programs!' and everyone's just going, "So? It's not a big deal. Chill out."

Last night I went to happy hour instead of the gym and proceeded to eat wings, have four cocktails, and part of an order of fish tacos. I went to bed at 10:00 with the startings of another cold (last one was March 17), trying to get a jump on it and kill it with sleep. Instead, I woke up at 12:30, tossed and turned for an hour, stressed out about the damn invites and guilt over the calories I both consumed and did not burn, and then gave up and tried to watch TV until I was sleepy. It was 4:30 before I got back to sleep and I feel like crap. Maybe I should just give up and take a vacation day to get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment